Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just Like Jenny

Woah, what the hell is this? I'll tell you what it is, this is the first caption I've made using GIMP.  For those of you who don't know, I make all of my captions in PowerPoint. But Rauk, that's crazy, you can do so much more with better programs. I know, but as I've stated over and over, I'm primarily a writer, and up until recently I really didn't care about my how my captions looked, as long as it showed the story and whatever pic I was using in a reasonable manner. I also liked to think that when I wanted, I did a pretty nice job using PowerPoint, such as with the last piece I posted. But for this caption, I had to break down and use something that give my a longer image length. Normally I would just find another image and make it two panels, but I couldn't find anything that worked. I have to say, working with GIMP was...an experience. I'm sure once I figure out all the ins and outs it'll be a decent program to use, but as it was it took me about four times longer than usual to make this caption. I think it turned out pretty well, but with my current schedule I don't know when I'll have the time to sit down and mess around enough to really get a feel for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment