Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dear Caroline

Here's the first of a several short sequences you'll be seeing in the next few weeks. As you can obviously notice, I took a bit of a deviation from my usual caption style with this one. The text is fairly typical, but with my usual layouts I just couldn't get the feel I wanted. So I started playing around with backgrounds and styles until I realized I could make this actually look like a letter with pictures enclosed. I really like the way this turned out as I think it looks, for lack of a better term, more professional. I'm usually so focused on getting out my story, I let the actual appearance of the caption suffer. In an effort to keep pushing my work to a higher standard, I'm going to try to fix that trend in future captions. Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment